SO WHAT'S YOUR SCRIPTURE VERSE?

This week we have been spending some time with our families in Ohio. We had a family outing one day and ended up back at our son's house with our kids and grandkids.

Our daughter-in-law shared that they were having trouble getting our 9 year old grandson Christopher to write stories for a creative writing school classes. Since I write, she asked if I could help motivate him. He is at that stage (in a little boy's) life that he likes gross or shocking things, so I decided to work with that. We adults had just returned from an outing to a local indoor shooting range where I had injured my thumb, so being the creative writer that I am, I suggested he write a story titled, "The day my dad shot off my grandpa's thumb." He thought that was a great idea and commenced to put together a story of what happened (including the trip to the emergency room where all was made right, etc.)

When he ended the story grandma said, "What about the scripture?" He said, "What?" She said, "Well Grandpa always works a scripture into his stories to teach a lesson about what God would want us to do." At that point, we, as adults, offered suggestions as to an appropriate scripture or scripture application. He rejected all of our suggestions and came up with a unique scripture of his own. He said the scripture to use is, "'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,' because we shouldn't shoot off someone's thumb!"

Well, I guess you can't argue with that logic and he did use that verse of scripture. As you look at your life today, the things you said, the things you have done, what would be the scripture verse you would put with it? I hope that the verse that might summarize our lives would be the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:16, where he said, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (KJV) If not, maybe we had better take a close look at the way we walk and talk in the "real world" where we live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE EVIL CALABASH !

HOW TO BUILD YOUR CV FOR LUCRATIVE JOB!

I'D RATHER BE SINGLE THAN HAVE A BROKEN COURTSHIP!