Seeing with Eyes of Eternity


Seeing with Eyes of Eternity
                    
  The late Welsh revivalist Leonard Ravenhill was my dear friend and
  neighbor in Texas.  He told me he often asked God to let him look at life
  through “the eyes of eternity”. At our weekly prayer meetings Leonard
  often cried out:

  “Lord!  Stamp eternity on my eyeballs! Let me see everything through the
  eyes of eternity!”

  Len’s powerful prayers shook the room with his passion for God.  I was
  deeply and indelibly stamped for life.  Little did I know how much I would
  need it.

  It is a true and amazing way to view life.  Still, it’s no simple matter
  to see the world through the eyes of eternity when our little world, as
  we’ve known it, has ended.

  I can get just as stressed out, heart-broken, angry, and confused as the
  next person.  But the constant truth that we’re all just passing through
  this Earthly Life, on our way to Eternal Life has helped me tremendously.

  This life is temporary. That truth puts things in better perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE EVIL CALABASH !

HOW TO BUILD YOUR CV FOR LUCRATIVE JOB!

I'D RATHER BE SINGLE THAN HAVE A BROKEN COURTSHIP!