I DREAMED A DREAM



  I had a dream last night that I actually remembered. That's unusual for
  me, it is extremely rare that I remember anything of which I dream when I
  awake in the morning. This week I had been thinking of my friend Roger
  Moon, a former missionary to Kenya at the same time we were there. Roger
  and his wife Sue love to sing hymns, just as my wife and I do. I have
  often remembered the times when we were able to sing hymns together in
  English while in Kenya. Special times for us, memories that far overshadow
  the bad times we sometimes experienced.

  In my dream, Roger and I were in a large church building. We were visiting
  and talking and sharing memories. Roger began to sing, "The steadfast love
  of the Lord never ceases," and I joined in singing a harmony with him. Not
  a long dream or at least a long part remembered. But when I awoke, I had
  the thought, "this must kind of be what heaven is going to be like."

  The apostle John gives us a peek into heaven in Revelation 5:13, where he
  writes: "Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the
  earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: 'To him who sits
  on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for
  ever and ever!'"

  I don’t' know about you, but I find comfort in that! To be in the presence
  of our God the creator of the universe and then to be given the ability to
  express our love and wonder in song is a really good thing in my way of
  thinking.

  The song in my dream comes from the scripture. The writer of the book of
  Lamentations wrote: "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his
  mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy
  faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will
  hope in him.'" (Lamentations 3:22-24, RSV)

  Where is your hope? The word translated "mercies" comes from a Hebrew word
  that can be translated as: "goodness, kindness, faithfulness." Those are
  rare qualities that are hard to find in our world and something that many,
  many people are long to find in a relationship.  If you cannot answer, "My
  hope is in him", the God of goodness, kindness and faithfulness, which are
  renewed every morning, then perhaps it time for you to re-evaluate your
  life.

  What song are you singing, what dream are you dreaming of your hope in
  this life and the one to come?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE EVIL CALABASH !

HOW TO BUILD YOUR CV FOR LUCRATIVE JOB!

I'D RATHER BE SINGLE THAN HAVE A BROKEN COURTSHIP!